Church of St. Andrew, Gorjansko
The Parish Church of St. Andrew is in the lower part of Gorjansko. Previously, a small Gothic church stood here, but in 1896 a new one was built. The former Gothic presbytery is today’s sacristy. An independent Aquileia-type belltower stands next to the church. The interior of the church was renovated between 1955 and 1963 and was painted by the famous Slovene artist Tone Kralj in that time. His most important painting is the Way of the Cross and a painting which represents the martyrdom of St. Andrew and Jesus holding a golden laurel wreath in their hands. Above the entrance to the church is a stone relief of Jesus – the Good Shepherd, on the right hand side is a Roman tombstone with the Greek mythological creature Gorgona.
GPS: 45.8023312, 13.7125583