Church of St. George, Komen

On a small elevation in the centre of the village Komen.

The Parish Church of St. George on a small elevation in the centre of the village Komen. In the past, a small Gothic parish church stood here. Because it was too small, it was demolished and in 1768, a new Baroque church was built. An Aquileia-type belltower stands next to the church. Inside the main altar from 1773 is dedicated to the village patron saint, St. George. In addition to the main altar, the church has four side altars. The church was painted by C. del Neri in 1901 and the lunetas above the confessionals were done by Tone Kralj.

GPS: 45.8175016, 13.7454386

 

Back to list
jurij komen1Cerkev sv. Jurij Komen_01Cerkev sv. Jurij Komen_02Cerkev sv. Jurija Komen_03Cerkev sv. Jurija Komen_04