Church of St. Anthony the Abbot, Škrbina
The Parish Church of St. Anthony the Abbot is in the upper part of Škrbina. The first church was built in 1501 in Romanesque style, but it was renovated in 1565 and extended a little. In 1623 it was renovated again and was finally given its present-day appearance in 1862. It is interesting because of its square nave and gables on each side of the exterior. It has an Aquileia type belltower. Inside it has three altars: the main altar is dedicated to St. Anthony the Abbot, and the side two are dedicated to the Virgin Mary and St. Lucy. An image of St. Anthony is painted on wood.
GPS: 45.8429142, 13.7355388
Back to list